By Iowans for Life
Are you experiencing an unplanned pregnancy? You need to know two critical pieces of information right now:
- You can get help. You’re not alone. You have healthy options beyond abortion.
- Abortion affects you forever. But even if you’d had one, there’s help. Keep reading.
Let’s deal with #2 first.
Post abortive trauma
Scientists have conducted comprehensive research on what abortion does to you in the long run. The info that follows is based on a huge sample of 163,831 women who have abortions. Here is their experience:
• Women who have had an abortion have an 81% higher risk of subsequent mental health problems compared to women who have not had an abortion.
• Women who aborted have a 138% higher risk of mental health problems compared to women who have given birth.
• Women who aborted have a 55% higher risk of mental health problems compared to women with an “unplanned” pregnancy who gave birth.
• Women with a history of abortion have higher rates of anxiety (34% higher), depression (37%), alcohol use/misuse (110%), marijuana use (230%), and suicidal behavior (155%), compared to those who have not had an abortion.
Have you had an abortion?
Were you forced to have one? Sixty-four percent of women who have had abortions were forced into it.
Are you feeling its effects in any way? Laura Limmex can help you… [finish article here].