1. illero on October 13, 2013 at 5:56 am

It would not surprise me to learn that not a single person has actually successfully signed up for an Obamacare policy. I have been trying to research costs for my wife through the “Marketplace” for 6 days now. It took 4 days to even successfully create an acknowledged account, and every time I try to use the account it says my userid and/or password it says I’m not using identification it recognizes. Finally, when I try to set up a different account, to get around this, it comes back and says it cannot set up an account — it’s telling me I now have to call an 800 number. Have you heard about any actual sign-ups?

• quinersdiner on October 13, 2013 at 8:52 am

I heard one news report that five signed up in Iowa. Here’s the thing: do you want to trust your most personal info in a website built so amateurishly that it screams: hackers welcome?!

• illero on October 13, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Well . . . two things. First, so far the only truly identifying info I’ve had to give it is my e-mail address — the system hasn’t even let me in far enough for me to see what kind of info it wants from me. Second, since the cost ballooned from a projected “paltry” $50 million to a mind-boggling $600 million, I naturally figured that the extra $550 million was probably for data security. Isn’t that the way you’d see it?

• quinersdiner on October 13, 2013 at 12:51 pm

I’m willing to make the leap of faith for Christ; but not Obama;-)
          Seriously, security concerns me with the exchanges.

• JoeC on October 13, 2013 at 1:27 pm

I logged on and got several quotes just by giving my email and age and I think zip code. As I don’t need it since I am retired military, I didn’t go any further.

2. JoeC on October 13, 2013 at 1:24 pm

The problem here is that when you have legitimate concerns, the water is so muddied from the shutdown that most don’t even notice.