How abortion affects the rest of your life
By Iowans for Life
The culture says abortion leaves your mind and body unaffected. Scientists disagree. Post abortive trauma is common.
Are you experiencing an unplanned pregnancy? You need to know two critical pieces of information right now:
- You can get help. You’re not alone. You have healthy options beyond abortion.
- Abortion affects you forever. But even if you’d had one, there’s help. Keep reading.
Let’s deal with #2 first.
Post abortive trauma
Scientists have conducted comprehensive research on what abortion does to you in the long run. The info that follows is based on a huge sample of 163,831 women who have abortions. Here is their experience:
• Women who have had an abortion have an 81% higher risk of subsequent mental health problems compared to women who have not had an abortion.
• Women who aborted have a 138% higher risk of mental health problems compared to women who have given birth.
• Women who aborted have a 55% higher risk of mental health problems compared to women with an “unplanned” pregnancy who gave birth.
• Women with a history of abortion have higher rates of anxiety (34% higher), depression (37%), alcohol use/misuse (110%), marijuana use (230%), and suicidal behavior (155%), compared to those who have not had an abortion.
Have you had an abortion?
Were you forced to have one? Sixty-four percent of women who have had abortions were forced into it.
Are you feeling its effects in any way? Laura Limmex can help you… [finish article here].
[Thanks to Iowans for Life for permission to run this excerpt. Be sure to visit their blog to get the rest of the story.]