By Thomas J. Maly
1. I have wonderful neighbors. They are welcome in my home almost anytime. However, I have this quaint notion that they should knock and not just come in without permission. Seems to me our country should expect no less. A precondition for meaningful immigration reform is a secure border for our country. I may vote Trump/Republican.
2. I like the idea that “sheepdogs, i.e. police, will respond when the “wolves” in the world attack we sheep. I may vote Trump/Republican.
3. It causes me great anguish as I see reports of so many being killed by gunfire in our cities, especially the tragedy of children being caught in the crossfire. I may vote/Trump/Republican.
4. It warms my heart when unemployment is at 3.5%, there is record low unemployment for virtually all minority groups, and fewer numbers of folks on food stamps. I may vote Trump/Republican
5. After several presidents who promised and then did not move the American embassy to Jerusalem, I respect a president who promised to do so, kept his word, and moved it. I may vote Trump/Republican.
6. I am pleased that the USA no longer depends upon OPEC and their ilk for a good part of our energy needs. I may vote Trump/Republican.
7. Seems to me the notion of having judges who have their decisions guided by the Constitution rather than current sociological trends is a great one. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness works for me. I may vote Trump/Republican.
8. It has been refreshing to see a president who negotiates his way in the world emphasizing that trade not only be free but fair and that all pay their way in world bodies. I may vote Trump/Republican.
9. I am decidedly against politicos who bully Catholic nuns. I may vote Trump/Republicans.
10. I have saved the most important reason for the last. The ending of human life in the womb is the moral pandemic of our time – the slavery issue of our time/generation. Abortion must be made unthinkable and illegal. I may vote Trump/Republican.
Considering everything, there are a number of other reasons I could cite for voting Trump/Republican. This is my story – I’m sticking to it!
Blessings to all who read this.
[Thanks to Deacon Tom Maly for permission to publish this essay.]