1. momofsix on April 20, 2012 at 10:22 am

Have you ever seen the movie “Expelled” by Ben Stein? I recommend it to everyone I know.

• quinersdiner on April 20, 2012 at 10:26 am

I haven’t seen Expelled, but will on your recommendation. THanks!

• Bob Vance on May 3, 2012 at 10:55 am

“Expelled” received alot of criticism from the scientific community. I recommend you watch the movie and the reviews.

2. NotAScientist on April 20, 2012 at 10:33 am

Except that isn’t even remotely a definition of what atheism is. It’s a strange, inaccurate simplification of scientific knowledge.

You can use hyperbole and oversimplification for humor. But you still have to get at least something right, or else the humor is lost. There is, sadly, no humor (and no fact) in that post.

3. skyedog27 on April 20, 2012 at 10:31 pm

I thought this post hilarious. Maybe being an atheist makes one grumpy. 🙂

4. Kurt Johnson on April 21, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Athiests have faith that matter has always existed – just like God.

• quinersdiner on April 21, 2012 at 2:14 pm

What created the matter?

• Kurt Johnson on April 22, 2012 at 8:40 am

What created God? I don’t believe that something came out of nothing.

• Bob Zimmerman on April 23, 2012 at 2:52 pm

And what created atheists, for that matter? 😉

5. Bob Vance on May 3, 2012 at 10:46 am

Atheism is to have no belief in a God or Gods. We are all born atheists. We learn theism, typically from our family – hence why Methodists come from Methodist familes, etc. Many assume all atheists are anti-theist: One who believes there is no God or Gods. Anti-theists tend be a bit more “angry” and . Among the thousands of Gods that have existed throughout time, the main difference between a theist and an atheist is that an atheist believes in one less God than a theist. If you can tell me why you don’t believe in Zeus, your answer will probably be very close to why an atheist doesn’t believe in any God.