7 questions for the media regarding Benghazi
By Tom Quiner
Congressman Trey Gowdy runs the House Select Committee trying to get to the bottom of what happened in Benghazi.
He posed 7 questions to the media:
“I’m not telling you how to do your job, but I’m going to ask you some questions, and if you can’t answer these questions, then I’ll leave you to draw whatever conclusions you want to draw about whether the media has provided sufficient oversight:
- Can you tell me why [Ambassador] Chris Stevens was in Benghazi that night he was killed? Do you know? Does it bother you whether or not you know why Chris Stevens was in Benghazi?
- Do you know why we were the last flag flying in Benghazi, after the British had left and the Red Cross had been bombed?
- Do you know why requests for additional security were denied? Do you know why an ambassador asking for more security, days and weeks before he was murdered and those requests went unheeded? Do you know the answer to why those requests went unheeded?
- Do you know why no assets were deployed during the siege? And I’ve heard the explanation, which defies logic, frankly, that we could not have gotten there in time. But you know they didn’t know when it was going to end, so how can you possibly cite that as an excuse?
- Do you know whether the president called any of our allies and said, can you help, we have men under attack? Can you answer that?
- Do any of you know why Susan Rice was picked [to go on five Sunday talk shows after the attacks]? The Secretary of State [Hillary Clinton] did not go. She says she doesn’t like Sunday talk shows. That’s the only media venue she does not like, if that’s true. Why was Susan Rice on the five Sunday talk shows?
- Do you know the origin of this mythology, that it was spawned as a spontaneous reaction to a video? Do you know where that started?
Do you know where we got from no evidence on that, to that being the official position of the administration?”
Two years have passed since this act of war took place. Why are there still no answers to these questions?
Would the media have been more diligent had it been a Republican administration in the crosshairs?
Hillary Clinton says none of this matters anyway. That simple sentence should disqualify her from the office of President of the United States of America.
Reblogged this on Two Heads are Better Than One and commented:
You’ve just gotta love Trey Gowdy…..
Agreed! Thanks for the reblog.
If it had been a Republican admin, our brave media would be demanding answers every day. They’re very selective, you know, when it comes to outrage and investigation… : )
I will go to my grave believing if a Republican president had been in office when Benghazi happened, he/she would have NEVER been re-elected. The outcry/outrage would have been so quick and intense, it would have been curtains for that president!!
Even more, there would have been a move for impeachment.