By Tom Quiner
The best way to destroy America is to lie about race.
Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris made the choice to disseminate a lie for personal gain, knowing it would foment even more racial discord.
They characterized the death of Michael Brown (of Ferguson, Missouri fame) as a murder by a cop.
“Michael Brown’s murder forever changed Ferguson and America. His tragic death sparked a desperately needed conversation and a nationwide movement. We must fight for stronger accountability and racial equity in our justice system.”
“5 years ago Michael Brown was murdered by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri. Michael was unarmed yet he was shot 6 times. I stand with activists and organizers who continue the fight for justice for Michael. We must confront systemic racism and police violence head on.”
Here’s what happened to Michael Brown five years ago:
• He stole a pack of Cigarillos at a local market.
• He shoved a store employee who resisted the theft.
• Cops were alerted who subsequently encountered Mr. Brown, a teenager.
• Brown reached through the window of the police car and tussled with a cop, resulting in injuries to the cop.
• Cop responded in self-defense, shooting and killing Brown.
• Contrary to early reports, eyewitnesses expressly stated that Mr. Brown did not raise his hands in surrender before being shot.
Not a murder.
For Warren and Harris, both lawyers, to characterize it thusly exposes them as the worst kind of human being. Their lie for personal gain (votes) fans the flames of racial discord and increases the risk of violence.
What shameful opportunism.
“If you cheat to get into college you go to jail. If you cheat to get into the country, you get free college.”